One of the most promising areas of customer analytics is in distributed energy resources. Increasingly utilities are asking themselves how they can use data-driven customer intelligence to increase customer value and better manage costs.
Some of the common questions include:
- How do we get faster insights to accurately understand energy efficiency savings?
- How do we combine project, rebate, and usage data to manage our trade ally networks?
- How do we boost top performers and manage risk?
- How do we use data to save money and provide a better customer experience while managing quality assurance procedures?
- Can we tap into the competitiveness of our trade allies and drive higher quality work through scorecards?
- How can we minimize regulatory lag and demonstrate progress?
While most of the industry is beginning to take advantage of these opportunities, today EnergySavvy is pleased to share two new case studies of utilities making tremendous strides in solving these very questions. Both Arizona Public Service and PSEG Long Island have deployed EnergySavvy’s Quantify analytics product. Each has different goals but both make use of its powerful analytics that create rapid insights where previously feedback took months or years. It’s an honor to work with APS and PSEG Long Island to advance the industry.
For those who are in the early stages of their M&V 2.0 or program optimization strategies, you might want to check out DTE Energy’s paper presented at the recent ACEEE conference. They describe the vendor landscape in this field and we’re honored that they’re also a Quantify client.